PUREGYM MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- Pure Gym Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 06690189 and Our registered office is at Town Centre House, Merrion Centre, Leeds LS2 8LY. Our registered VAT number is 165 8808 68
- Information about our business can be found on our website at www.puregym.com
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0344 477 0005 or by e-mailing us at [email protected]
- By opting to become a Pure Gym member via www.myactiveplus.com the website operated by Core Fulfilment Limited under contract with AXA ICAS Limited (the “Active+” website”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions of membership
- This agreement commences between you and us once you have indicated your acceptance in the health declaration section of the web sign up process on the Active+ website, and activated your membership with us.
- You will be entitled to all the membership rights and privileges we offer for the type of membership chosen by you during the web sign up process on the Active+ website. Details of all our types of membership can be found at www.puregym.com
- You cannot transfer your membership and/or this agreement to anyone else.
- Your membership is single gym use only, the gym you nominate during the Active+ purchase process and does not qualify you for multiple gym access.
FEES AND CHARGES
- Any membership fees payable by you will be indicated during the web sign up process on the Active+ website, and are payable by you via the Active+ website on the terms and conditions stated on the Active+ website
- Please note that the terms and conditions relating to any payments you make via the Active+ website for membership, including your right (if any) to a refund of those payments, are as set out on the Active+ website terms and conditions and under no circumstances shall we be responsible to you for the refund of all or some of those membership payments
- Please note that, depending on your type of membership, if you wish to take part in certain exercise classes these may be subject to an additional charge payable directly to PureGyms
PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS
Your membership does not entitle you to participate in any promotions or offers unless the terms and conditions of that offer specifically refer to members who have signed up to our gym membership via the Active+ website
YOUR MEMBERSHIP PERIOD
- Your membership will continue for the period indicated during the web sign up process on the Active+ website, subject to any rights that you and/or AXA may have to end your membership before that date, as set out in the terms and conditions on the Active+ website
- We shall be entitled to end your membership when we are notified by Active+ that your membership period has ended
- We shall also be entitled to end your membership with immediate effect on notifying you in writing if you are in breach of our rules of membership and/or operational rules (see Rules of Membership below)
RULES OF MEMBERSHIP
- Members must be 16 or older.
- You agree to comply with all our rules of membership which are displayed prominently in our club premises [and on our website] and relate to matters such as opening hours, use of facilities, health and safety and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided that we give you advance notice of the change
- We also have operational rules (on display in various parts of our club premises) which you must also comply with
- Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly advise that you get advice from your doctor first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all club facilities and reading club signs and notices. We strongly advise that all members complete an induction to the gym and you should ask for one if an induction is not offered to you. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a staff member
- Any member who does not comply with our rules of membership and/or operational rules may be ejected from or denied access to our club premises, or may have their membership terminated by us if the non-compliance is serious
USE OF OUR WEBSITE
Use of our website is subject to the terms and conditions set out in the terms and conditions section of our website
OUR LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to any services that are not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
- There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, the gym of which you are a member. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance of them taking place, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that such closures are outside of peak visiting hours and are kept to a minimum, in both duration and frequency. You will not be entitled to a refund of part of, or all of, your membership fees or any other compensation in such circumstances.
- We will not be liable or responsible to you for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations, relating to the supply of any service, facility or item of equipment in accordance with your type of membership, due to health and safety reasons and/or that is caused by any event that is outside of our reasonable control
- We will only compensate you for loss, damage or personal injury where this has been caused by negligence on our part
- Personal trainers at our clubs are self-employed and any service they provide is a contract between them and you. We will not be liable or responsible for outstanding monies paid to a personal trainer or for any other matter relating to your contract with a personal trainer. Any personal training must be arranged directly with the personal trainer and not with us
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will only use the personal information you provide to us to:
- (a) provide your membership services;
- (b) process your membership payment; and
- (c) inform you about similar products or services that we, or selected third parties provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- We will not give your personal data to any third party (other than AXA PPP Healthcare Limited and AXA ICAS Limited)
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- If we do not insist immediately that you do or stop doing anything you are required to do or stop doing under these terms, or if we delay taking steps against you for breaking this agreement, this will not stop us from taking steps against you at a later stage
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organization on notice to you. Your membership rights under these terms will not be adversely affected
- If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, please contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0344 477 0005 or by e-mailing us at [email protected]
- These terms are governed by English Law and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts